Fitness n Motion appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us. Since the 1st July 2008, Fitness n Motion Ltd has been subjected to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth).
Fitness n Motion will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Fitness n Motion Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression 'personal information' is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that Fitness n Motion collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join Fitness n Motion as a member
- register for continuing professional development activities
- subscribe to a newsletters or magazine
- register for the website
- register for an event
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, Fitness n Motion may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- fulfill our functions as the peak body of the fitness industry
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and developemnt Fitness n Motion's service offerings
- maintain registration and membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offerings
- conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members and the industry
- provide Fitness n Motion partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings
Disclosure of Information
Fitness n Motion may disclose your personal information to thrid party organisations, which may include:
- external service providers to whom Fitness n Motion has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service Fitness n Motion has contracted out
- Member Benefits+ partners
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Fitness n Motion's professional advisers
- Fitness n Motion-related companies
- other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact your nearest office.
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Fitness n Motion takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
Fitness n Motion will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Fitness n Motion's personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.